June 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

It's hard to believe another school year is coming to a close.  My oldest is just about to finish his first grade year and what a year it's been!  I need to think about a great gift but I may just end up doing a repeat of last year's gifts for his kindergarten teachers.  The feedback was great!  They loved them!


For this easy project, I purchased 2 dozen blank note cards and matching envelopes.  I went with the highest quality I could find.  (Keep in mind the texture of the paper.  You don't want anything that the ink will bleed onto or that is too roughly textured.) I decided to keep it classic by using black ink and to change things up I did 2 different style fonts for each teacher.


You can see the top font is a little more simple and modern while the bottom font is more classic.  I didn't forget about the envelopes and chose to do a monogram on the back flap for extra detail.


I think I prefer the name to be in the lower right hand corner of the card instead of centered:


Could there be a better Kindergarten teacher's name than "Mrs. Sweet"? All in all I was happy with how these turned out but I'm excited to see how they come out now that I have new techniques, inks and have really practiced and grown in my craft.  Have you ever made your teacher's gifts? Tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment